Saturday, December 26, 2009

My lips feel really dry and when I open my mouth wide the side of my lips hurt. How can I stop this?

It feels really dry towards the top of my lips and the bottom. and when I wake up there big..My lips feel really dry and when I open my mouth wide the side of my lips hurt. How can I stop this?
Make sure that you are getting plenty of water, you may be dehydrated.


Making sure you get plenty of fluids throughout the day will help your skin stay moisturized.


Carmex also works wonders if your lips are severly chapped. Put some on at night before you go to sleep, since you wont be talking or drinking all night it'll give the carmex time to sink into your lips and help them stay moiturized.





My lips are always swelled when I wake up also, they generally just go back to normal after a while.


When I wake up in the morning generally my mouth is very dry, I keep a bottle of water nearby to sip from if it's really bad. I hope this helps.My lips feel really dry and when I open my mouth wide the side of my lips hurt. How can I stop this?
Hello, The first questions that comes to my mind is, How Old you are.The second is, do you wear dentures or partial dentures? The reason this comes to mind is because during my many years in the dental field it was a common issue among those individuals who did have a dental appliance...Not only that, but the issue quickly came down to how old and worn out the appliances were, and in some cases, was the patient even wearing an appliance and going ';bare'; mouth, if you get my meaning. Here's the deal. When the mouth (jaws) get ';over-closed'; the lips turn in and that exposes lip tissue to moisture it wasn't designed to tolerate, and that's really true for the corners of the mouth. When old worn dental appliances allow the jaws to over-close, loss of a lip line quickly follows. If you don't fit one of these categories then I would want to know if you have developed a ';habit'; of licking your lips and corners of your mouth..If you are that habit will quickly cause a chapping issue....Have you been under an unusual stressful situation?..If so you could be reacting to that with the licking....I hope I have given you some positive information to consider. Good luck and I wish you well.
Chapstick
drink a lot of water and use vaseline - make sure you put it on before u go to sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment