Wednesday, December 30, 2009

How do you heal your lips overnight?

For some reason my lips like to chap up about once a week or every two weeks. I think its because of not putting any chapstick on from when I go outside and stuff. Is there a way to cure them quickly overnight?


I have chapstick, but its about 2 years old lol, maybe 5 or more lol...


But I also have this other one called Blistex-medicated balm.





Just wondering if there is a remedy to make your lips look nice again overnight.


Thank you!


-MaxHow do you heal your lips overnight?
I don't think it can heal overnight. However, you can drastically make them better. DON'T EVER LICK YOUR LIPS. Saliva tends to create a thick layer over the lips and causes them to chap once its dried. Chapstick probably wont stay on while you sleep unless you are still the entire night. The best thing is to use a medicated lip balm regularly. And AVOID LICKING YOUR LIPS! If you are without lip balm use water and then immediately dry them. NEVER LICK! NEVER!How do you heal your lips overnight?
I use Aquaphor ointment on my lips(well....everywhere actually!) It heals mine up fast. It doesn't taste great, or have a wonderful smell, (it is almost petroleum jelly-like)but it does work! Use a warm washcloth to gently scrub your lips and then apply the ointment. ;)
I don't think anything can heal your lips overnight, but for chapped lips you can't beat Carmex. It's got menthol, camphor, and phenol (an anesthetic) in it, and the menthol and camphor kind of produces a cool, soothing sensation when applied.
The main cause for chapped lips is dehydration. Make sure you're getting plenty of fluids.





If you want to try to heal your lips overnight, then I would try Carmex (I swear by the stuff). However, if they're severely chapped and actually splitting, they're not going to heal overnight.
Try vaseline over night. Use your toothbrush to slough off a little dead skin, wash them with warm water and them put the vaseline on them, it really works.
I use plain Blistex in the red white and blue tube. It stings on chapped lips but is the best for healing them quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment