Monday, December 14, 2009

How come my lips get chapped a lot?

Like when im at school my lips are chapped a lot. One day they are, then not, then they are again! So i carry chapstick in my pocket a lot. I drink a ton of water everyday, I dont lick my lips too much, and it always happens at school. My lips probably get chapped a couple times a year at home but when i go to school they get messed up. Is it cause i smile a lot? I dont wear lip stick either...How come my lips get chapped a lot?
Most likely because the air in your school is on the dry side.





Seeing as it mostly occurs at school, that would likely be the case - lack of moisture in the air.





Look for a better lip balm also, as many people find that chapstick actually dries out their lips (dries mine out).


Look for something REALLY hydrating, maybe like a lobello balm or something called Aquafor (I think? I have never tried it, but it keeps popping up in threads about accutane online)How come my lips get chapped a lot?
licking your lips has a huge affect on lip chapped-ness


my lips are always chapped after volleyball practice because i lick them a lot, like before i serve and pass and stuff


i don't really notice it because it's a habit so maybe


JUST MAYBE


you don't notice that you're licking your lips so much


i don't know. i could be crazy


but that's my advice^^^


:)
it could be the ingredients in your chapstick. i find blistex, etc. are too harsh for my lips. try something ultra-moisturizing and all-natural. i would suggest coconut oil, olive oil, or cocoa butter. or something with healing ingredients, like aloe vera or vitamin e. my personal fave is alba coconut creme lip balm.





hope this helps!


ps. i don't think it's the smiling thing. i smile alot too, and i don't have chapped lips.

No comments:

Post a Comment