Wednesday, April 28, 2010

How should I treat 2nd degree burns on my lips? Will chapstick help?

The doctor gave me Silver Sulfadaine for the burns on the outside of my face but didnt tell me how to treat my lips. They are very hard and cracking any time I move them (ie to eat) The swelling has gone down but they are still very red/black under the hard casing. Can I use chapstick to keep them softer while healing or is this bad?How should I treat 2nd degree burns on my lips? Will chapstick help?
I would stick with the Silver Sulfadine and maybe aloe. Better check with the doctor though. I definitely wouldn't put chap stick on them without checking first. It is so thick and waxy.How should I treat 2nd degree burns on my lips? Will chapstick help?
Without checking with your doc, I would not use ANYTHING with any kinds of chemicals in it- no Chapstick, no Vaseline, no whipped cream, no Aloe Vera, etc. Too many chemicals can actual inhibit the healing of the tender tissues.





It is never a good idea to put was, grease, oil, petroleum, etc. on burns without a doctors orders anyway- the stuff traps in heat and is not good for new tissue.





Ask your doctor's office or nurse.
Chapstick helps everything. Seriously.
You can vaslen on it .......
Try using heavy whipping cream from the grocers dairy case. My friend tried this and she didn't have any scarring afterwards. Good luck. P.S. make sure the cream is liquid form not cool whip but in milk like container.
aloe maby

No comments:

Post a Comment