Sunday, April 25, 2010

Do braces change shape of lips and structure of chin and jaw?

Hi my orthodontist advised me to get braces because my bottom teeth are'nt as straight as they should be but she also said i should get them at the top because my bottom teeth will shift and the top will need to shift with the bottom. Alot of people compliment my smile and my teeth and think i did have braces before and i love my lips and the structure of my face already. Will braces change the shape of my lips and the structure of my chin and jaw ?Do braces change shape of lips and structure of chin and jaw?
The braces only change the alignment of the teeth. You will still have the same great features that you now have. A lot of people think that teeth will stay the same forever, but the truth is that they shift just like everything else on the body! Retainers are the big key to keeping them the same long term. I like to think of it as a lot easier than diet and exercise!


Consider Invisalign, it is MUCH easier than braces and costs about the same depending on the area that you live.Do braces change shape of lips and structure of chin and jaw?
There was a few things I hated about the braces.


1. The pressure it put on your teeth and gums when you go in for your monthly tightening.


2. My jaw constantly cracks, and I get lock jaw every now and then.


3. Depending on what kind of braces you get, I got the kind that they cemented to your teeth, and then they pulled them out after all the work. Now I have permanent stains on those teeth. Luckily they're the molars.


4. They pulled out 4 of my molars before the braces. Gave me 8 shots in my mouth (4 on top, 4 on the bottom)


5. Chew gum with braces and the gum will stick to them and look funny.


6. If you have an overbite, you'll need to wear one of those annoying contraptions that help pull your overbite back in place.


7. Don't run your tongue over your braces. Depending on the food you eat, you can loosen up the metal wires and scratch yourself on the wires. Or sometimes the wires will stick out and poke you on the inside of your cheeks.





All in all, my teeth got straightened. But I'm noticing my bottom front teeth are starting to move on top of each other.





I don't think they really change the shape of your lips or chin but you sound like your not getting hardcore braces, maybe your jaw will just be little off.
If your orthodonstist thinks you should have them, that would be best, I had a very slight underbite and i got braces, I never noticed that my jaw looked out of line until now, when it is all done and i look back at old pictures, my teeth were perfectly straight too, and I didn't think I needed them either, but I am glad I went through it now, they align so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment