Sunday, April 25, 2010

How can I stop biting/picking my lips?

I have a terrible habit! I don't even realize I'm doing it half of the time. My lips are a bloody mess. (Literally and figuratively.) Any suggestions?How can I stop biting/picking my lips?
It sounds like a habit tick problem, just like bitting nails.


You could try chewing gum to stop yourself.





I would stay away from Chapstick or Blistek. These products contain Menthol and Alcohol which is drying to your lips. Look for products that contain beewax. Beewax will help act like a humectant and will restore moisture in your lips.





You could try Burt's Beewax or if you want to spend a little more money Biotherm has lips treatment that comes in a pink squeeze tube. These 2 products do not contain drying ingredient of flavor that will make you want to chew and lick your lips.





You can check out a Health food store. Ask questions if your not sure about the products being sold. Be specific that you want a product that contains no Medical ingredients that I've mention before and no flavor.





I hope I've helped you out.How can I stop biting/picking my lips?
Have you tried chewing gum instead? I know that is a simple answer but it might help if it's a nervous habit.
First off put chapstick on them so they won't be all dried up.


Put a rubberband around your wrist, and everytime you notice yourself messing with your lips snap the rubberband so it stings, repeat this procedure, and pretty soon you won't be touching your lips anymore!
blistec it heals your lip and for the biting i dnt no wa to tell you
keep thm locked with mine
Definatly were chapstick! This will help a great deal and maybe while you do this you are just bored, try thinking of a way to get yourself to do something else. Always keep your eyes on the prize healthy looking lips!

No comments:

Post a Comment