Sunday, April 25, 2010

Do the scars on/under your lips heal after you have had braces?

I had an overbite and had braces (for 3 years) fitted onto my upper teeth to correct it. The points on my lip that the braces were in contact with are now white (presumably from the constant abrasion and pressure). Will red pigment ever return to these areas? It's been two years since I had the braces removed.Do the scars on/under your lips heal after you have had braces?
They will fade with time to a state where only you know they are there.Do the scars on/under your lips heal after you have had braces?
YES
No
yea at least i hope so x
Ask your dentist. He/she is the one who knows the answer. In the mean time eat plenty of vitamin C it's great for the body's healing process and is good for healthy skin and gums. :) Bet your teeth look really good after the braces were taken off.
I also had an overbite and wore braces for about the same time, i also had a head thing to wear as well, that never happened to me. Have you spoke to your dentist about this ? I did have patches on the inside of my lips but they heeled in time. Hope this helps you
Yes
I don't know about the out side on the lips, but I have my braces removed about 7 years ago, and I still have lumpy scars in the inside of my mouth where the braces cut. But I don't have any scars on the front inside of my mouth...





But in time most scars seem to fade
they must do else no one would get them fitted. i have seen stars on the tv wearing them and if they were to leave scars i think they would try something else. i agree with a previous answer who says talk to your dentist or doctor. if nothing else it will set your mind to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment