Friday, January 8, 2010

My shitzu has very irritated lips and they are crusty and scabby. My vet thinks it is allergy.?

It mooved on one side of her upper lip. Anyone had this happen and could give me feed back? I hate to see my vet scraping her, injecting her, pumping her with steroids and other stuff if this is something simple I could prevent my self.My shitzu has very irritated lips and they are crusty and scabby. My vet thinks it is allergy.?
Did he say what kind of allergy? Food? Environmental?





The first thing you should do is change over to a high quality food without corn or wheat products (That's usually what they're allergic to). Try a high quality food purchased from a Feed Store such as Canidae, Wellness, Innova, etc. Also change her over to healthy treats.





Then you need to start looking into environmental allergens in your home. Change her bedding. Change to an ';All Free'; (Free of perfumes and dyes) laundry detergent and fabric softener. It could also be one of the chemicals in your water supply - Try Bottled water.





You basically have to eliminate/change things until you figure out exactly what she's allergic to.My shitzu has very irritated lips and they are crusty and scabby. My vet thinks it is allergy.?
Sometimes you can't do it yourself. Steriod shots usually work. What you can do is to watch what you are doing and eating. Limit things in their environment that they can be allgeric to.
ahhhhhhhhh........shitzu's are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment