Friday, January 8, 2010

I need any suggestions! Daily I get a swelling feeling in my lips and tongue and sometimes around my left eye

I have seen an allergist who says I am allergic to just about everything (i.e. suger, glutein, corn, wheat, eggs). The thing is sometimes I eat these things and nothing happens. Most commonly I have avoided these things all together and still I get my symptoms. I have never been allergic to any thing in my life and this all started 6 months ago. If anyone could give an idea of where to search or what it could be please let me know. My doctors have given up!

Thanks!I need any suggestions! Daily I get a swelling feeling in my lips and tongue and sometimes around my left eye
It helps to think of the immune system like a scale. Most of the time, the immune system can balance all of the allergies PLUS the things that it encounters like germs and bacteria. From time to time, the scale becomes unbalanced. For you, this could be when you've been exposed to a lot of the things you are allergic to and your immune system just can't balance it all. It is most likely at these times that you get these reactions.

We had a patient who was allergic to many things like you. Soy was her biggest allergen. She could go about her life eating these things but there were just times when she had too much of what she was allergic to and so her face would swell. You have to find out where your balance is.

Don't let your doctor's give up until you are satisfied. More than anything, you need to see a nutritionist to help you sort it all out.

I hope this helps!I need any suggestions! Daily I get a swelling feeling in my lips and tongue and sometimes around my left eye
Long 鈥?but well worth the reading.

Make the connection! Learn about MCS.

I am a nurse with over 25 years experience in this area and I have seen a lot of people with various illnesses caused from chemicals and fragranced products as well as VOC鈥檚 in their homes, schools and workplace. This problem is growing as more and more chemicals are being introduced into the market and used on a daily basis.

We are now seeing more and more children and adults with Chronic Headaches, Sinusitis, Migraines, Chronic Coughing and Sinus Infections, Asthma, Allergies, Hives, Eczema, sinus / respiratory illnesses and Hormone related disorders. I can not emphasize how important it is to educate yourself about MCS (do a web search for MCS) and the harm you may be doing to your health by using chemicals and fragranced products.

If you or a loved one suffers from Asthma, Allergies, Autism, chronic headaches, reproductive problems, Migraines, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Lupus or Fibromyalgia, you need to read further and learn about the signs and symptoms of MCS - Multiple Chemical Sensitivity.

Most doctors will not inform you about this because patients as a whole like to walk out of a doctors office with a prescription for some magical medicine and they do not want to be told that their expensive new perfume or newly installed carpet may be the culprit. So, the doctor will give you medications and many of these meds either do not work or cause other health problems.

Chemicals and fragranced products are often the root of all evil when it comes to your health. Many of the below mentioned items are common triggers to sinus, asthma, itching, headaches, Migraines and allergy problems amongst other health issues. Get rid of them and your lungs will thank you and you will breathe easier.

And, it is not only personal body or cleaning products causing havoc on your health鈥?many people become ill after wearing brand new clothing, dry-cleaned clothes, installing new carpet, painting, buying a new mattress or after home renovations because of the Flame Retardants, Benzenes, Formaldehydes, etc. used in these products. So the answer is NO, you are not imagining that 2 weeks after your home, office or classroom got renovated you started to become ill, get dizzy or have headaches. This is happening more and more these days and adults as well as children are becoming sicker and sicker.

Unfortunately, too many doctors compound the problem by prescribing chemical medications to try to alleviate the symptoms of an already chemical overloaded body and they rarely tell the patient to eliminate the chemical offenders. How many times have I seen people in the grocery store with Bounce, Glade Plug-Ins and Febreeze in their shopping cart along with a bottle of Benadryl , Migraine Excedrin and a box of Allergy Tablets ? Why don鈥檛 they make the connection?

Keep in mind that your skin is the largest organ of your body and what you put on your skin gets absorbed into your body. Then ... well... then it has to be filtered by your organs which are already working real hard.

BIG NO-NO鈥檚 ---- I would SERIOUSLY recommend removing all of the below from your living / working area.

No Bounce or dryer sheets - these are VERY toxic

No Febreeze - your pets will even thank you for this

No Glade Plug-ins - VERY toxic

No Scented candles

No Scented Dish Detergents

No Fragranced Products on Body, Hair or Clothing

No Smoke

No Newspapers and Magazines - The ink is a huge irritant.

No Dander

No Sprays

No Sharpies (marker pens)

New Cartpeting, mattresses, paint, contain toxins that can trigger severe respiratory disorders as well as headaches and Asthma flare-ups.

You will certainly want to read this article on how chemicals and fragrances affect your health.鈥?/a>

And remember, it is NOT the smell it is the Chemicals that make up the smell. So, even if something is ';Fragrance Free'; these products often mask the smell with another chemical ! There are plenty of safe healthy products out there that work well and do not have added chemical fragrances. Look on MCS sites if you need help finding them.

More and more workplaces %26amp; schools are creating 鈥淔ragrance Free Zones鈥濃€?why do you think this is? Make the connection, your lungs , immune system and your general health will thank you.

Here is a Brain Spect Scan Before and after a whiff of perfume:

No comments:

Post a Comment